Friday, March 4, 2011

I need Bob

Do you have that piece of music that just calms your soul? It just does something to you that nothing else can do? This is mine. I don't know why. Obviously it's all about smokin the herb. I don't and have never done that so I can't relate to that aspect of it at all. I guess it's just the vibe I get from it and the overall mood of the melody that does it for me. I am needing this song today. Nothing really significant has happened. Nothing out of the ordinary work stress and life circumstances, but today I needed to hear Bob.

I have other pieces of music that I need at different times as well. It's how I cope with the feelings that I am having. To me feelings are several things. They are personal, because no one can tell me what I am or am not feeling. They are humbling, because they bring back to the realization that you are human and vulnerable in more ways than you realize. They are revealing, because they come about in times when you least expect them and force you to examine the root of their existence in that moment. They are dangerous, because if they are allowed to they can have mighty influence over our frail human psyche. Music is that thing that tames the beast for me. Different feelings call for different remedies though. Stress = Bob.

                                                                        Anger = Rage



                                                                     Happy = Martin



Love = Etta



Nostalgic = PE



Confident = Prince


I feel better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment