Saturday, April 2, 2011

Some things change

So Stacey and Tomas went to Florida for the week. I stayed home to bring home the bacon. And with what I get paid that's about what I am actually bringing home.

It's funny that when I have an entire week alone I choose to do the exact same things I chose to do when I was 29. Watch sport and movies and play video games. Some things never get old I guess.

The one thing that did change was the fact that I can't stay up late and get up bright and shiny in the morning anymore. Holy. I was up until about midnight a couple times watching crappy movies. When I got up the next morning it was like I took a shot from the "What the hell were you thinking" stick straight to my bald dome. What? I used to do this all the time. On top of that I would stay up and go out drinking. I should be able to at least stay awake until Letterman finishes the Top Ten List and be functional the next day. Right? Not so much. If I did that twice in a week on a regular basis now I would get fired for either not showing up or sleeping with my face on my desk. Oh well, now I just sit on my couch drinking a diet coke and watching whatever action movie Stacey put next on our Netflix list. Hopefully it ends by 11 o'clock, if not I can finish it tomorrow night.

"Chris, you look like stir fried shit this morning, you sick?
"Nope just stayed awake past the evening news watching The Expendables." Damn Stallone and his band of mercenaries.
"Expendables?
"Shut up."

No comments:

Post a Comment